August 23 2014 Latest news:
max temp: 16°C
min temp: 8°C
Design guru and TV broadcaster Kevin McCloud returns to the NEC in Birmingham this October for the 6th year running as host of Grand Designs Live – the inspirational and innovative home improvement, self-build and design show...
Kevin Mccloud Brings Award Winning Grand Designs Live Back To Birmingham For The 6th Year
Grand Designs Live at the NEC, 7- 9th October 2011
Design guru and TV broadcaster Kevin McCloud returns to the NEC in Birmingham this October for the 6th year running as host of Grand Designs Live the inspirational and innovative home improvement, self-build and design show.
The 2011 show running from the 7th 9th October is set to be bigger and better than ever before, with over 500 exhibitors across 6 different sections, this years show caters for both home owners looking for new ideas to renovate their homes and aspiring self-builders looking for advice, inspiration and value to build their very own Grand Design.
There will be a wealth of experts and FREE advice for visitors to take advantage of in the Ask an Expert centre sponsored by VELUX, as well as a variety of Grand Debates that will provide all of the information you need to start planning and managing your own home improvement and self-build projects, as well as design ideas and case studies from real life TV Grand Designers on the Grand Seminar Theatre.
This years show will be spread over six different sections: Grand Build sponsored by VELUX, Grand Interiors sponsored by Dulux, Grand Kitchens sponsored by Miele, Grand Bathrooms and Grand Gardens. The highly anticipated House of the Future, sponsored by Virgin Media, also makes its return to the Grand Technology section. There will be a number of guest speakers who will appear at Grand Seminar Theatre to discuss the hottest industry topics and debates with visitors in the Grand Village which will also be packed full of live demos ofsustainable build and green technology.
Amongst all of the amazing products and cutting-edge design ideas on show, visitors will get the chance to meet the shows ambassadors Kevin McCloud, and TV architect George Clarke among many other guest speakers. Both Kevin and George will be at the event to host on-the-pulse design and style debates in the Grand Seminar Theatre, as well as to meet their fans.
The Birmingham show will also include the all-new VIP Experience brought to you by Miele which allows VIP ticket holders to take some time out from the crowds in a stylish VIP lounge and enjoy a luxury show experience with complimentary Miele coffee.
Highlights of the 2011 show include:
1. THE HOUSE OF THE FUTURE BROUGHT TO YOU BY VIRGIN MEDIA: Situated in the Grand Technology section, the annually anticipated House of the Future is back, bringing visitors the latest gadgets and home entertainment innovations as well as products and design concepts from the not so far future that could soon become part of our everyday lives. There will also be a Garden of the Future, a first for the Birmingham show, which will showcase some fantastic gadgets for the garden.
2. GRAND GARDENS: NEW for 2011, a night garden in the heart of the NEC will be the show stopping feature piece of the Grand Gardens section which never fails to inspire visitors to achieve the best from their outdoor space, whatever the size or weather conditions. The night garden feature will shed light on how to make the most of your garden as the nights start getting longer and colder.
3. A BRAND NEW GRAND INTERIORS THEATRE: The way you furnish your home is fundamental to its atmosphere and comfort. This years Grand Interiors section has got everything you need to help transform your home, from essentials like sofas, tables, chairs and lighting, to stylish accessories.
For the very first time at the NEC, visitors can also head over to theGrand Interiors Theatre sponsored by Dulux, where leading guest speakers from the industry will be offering advice, inspiration and debates on all things related to interiors.
4. THE BRAND NEW VIP EXPERIENCE: The all new VIP Experience brought to you by Miele, is new for this years show. Tickets offer guaranteed fast track entry to the 2011 NEC show, a dedicated VIP cloakroom and shopping bag drop, as well as exclusive access to the indulgent VIP lounge that will await visitors to relax after a days shopping. A Platinum Experience will also be available and will include a 2 course lunch and glass of wine in local Michelin star chef, Daniel Galmiches fine dining pop up restaurant.
5. GRAND VILLAGE: The Village area gives visitors a chance to look at sustainable build techniques, demonstrations and also discover the latest developments in eco-builds. They can also expect to listen to seminars at the Grand Seminar Theatre hosted by leading industry experts.
6. SEE KEVINS HAND PICKED GREEN HEROES: Now in its second year, Kevins Green Heroes is both a showcase and launch pad for a host of new products, eco-products and technologies, that aim to improve housing and our way of living in future, ensuring government home efficiency targets are met.
7. DISCOVER INTERESTING AND UNIQUE HOME ACCESSORIES IN THE DESIGN ARCADE: Browse and buy exciting home accessories from independent designers in the Design Arcade. This popular feature attracts many visitors who are on the lookout for unique pieces which can add real character to any room.
8. THE LARGEST SELECTION OF KITCHEN DESIGNS IN THE UK: With so many kitchens and the latest styles and trends on display in the Grand Kitchens section, sponsored by Miele. Whether its a modern or classic design youre looking for, there will have plenty of choice when seeking out your dream kitchen. Visitors will also be treated to live demonstrations by Miele in the Live Kitchen Experience as well as given the opportunity to see celebrity guests take on the Come Dine with Miele challenge.
9. FREE EXPERT ADVICE AND SUPPORT IN GRAND BUILD SPONSORED BY VELUX: Visitors will find the solutions that matter most to their home improvement and self-build projects in the GRAND Build hall including; cash smart innovations and the very latest developments in the self-build movement, sustainability and eco-builds and the latest products to suit all of your home improvement needs. There will also be FREE one-to-one consultations and expert advice in the Ask an Expert sponsored by VELUX for all visitors.
10. GRAND BATHROOMS RETURNS: In Grand Bathrooms there will be plenty of styles to inspire you as well as quality suites to choose from, so those visitors taking on a home bathroom project will be spoilt for choice as they explore the section.
Grand Designs Live Birmingham takes place from 7 - 9 October 2011 at Birminghams NEC. Save s when you book in advance. Order your tickets online: www.granddesignslive.com or call the booking hotline on 0844 854 1348.
Tickets In Advance On the Door
Adult 14 18
Child under 15 Free Free (require a ticket)
For VIP tickets visit www.granddesignslive.com to see what packages are available.
Friday 7th October & Saturday 8th October - 10am - 6pm
Sunday 9th October 10am - 5pm
Bring your friends and save even more, with great discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Call 0844 412 4650 for further details on group discounts.