Crunchy Chilli and Lemon Bellaverde® Penne - Recipe
Mon Apr 09 08:27:28 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Pasta
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 6 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
50g fresh white breadcrumbs
finely grated zest of 2 lemons juice of 1
300g penne pasta
200g bellaverde® broccoli
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Quick, Tasty and Healthy. Just some of many reasons why you should give this recipe a go!
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 mins until soft. Add the chilli, breadcrumbs and lemon zest and cook over a medium heat for about 4 mins, stirring until the crumbs are golden brown. Set aside.
2. Add the pasta to the boiling water and simmer for 7 mins. Meanwhile, cut the bellaverde® broccoli into 6cm lengths. Add the bellaverde® to the pasta pan and boil for a further 3 mins. Drain the pasta and bellaverde® in a colander.
3. Tip the pasta and bellaverde® broccoli into the frying pan, add the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and plenty of ground black pepper, toss well until everything is nicely coated in the garlicky lemon breadcrumbs. Serve straight away.