August 20 2014 Latest news:
max temp: 16°C
min temp: 9°C
Fri Jun 22 11:40:49 BST 2012
This is an ideal mid-week meal. It's an idea dish to use leftovers so you could add bacon, peas or cheese. Find out how to create this dish...
This is an ideal mid-week meal. It’s an idea dish to use leftovers so you could add bacon, peas or cheese.
1. Heat the oil in a 20cm frying pan and add the onions. Cook the onions for 6-7 minutes or until the onions are soft and lightly brown.
2. Add the potatoes and toss with the onions. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
3. Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Add the parsley and season. Gently pour the eggs over the onion and potato mixture, shaking the pan so the egg mixture runs into all the gaps.
4. Return to a low heat and cook gently for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are jut set.
5. Place the tortilla under a preheated grill and cook for a few minutes further or until theeggs are completely set and the top is lightly brown.
6. Serve with a salad or as part of a packed lunch or picnic.